Lazying at Bugis

Posted by mINg | 5:32 PM | 0 comments »

Now, I'm at the Starbucks Bugis Junction. Though I'm alone but there's a huge crowd gathering around me. Well, they are there to watch me blog listen to Tampines Junior College choir performing Christmas carols. Wow, the choir just finished a song named Silent Night and there were quite a loud applaud for them. No wonder the MC fro WKRZ FM said the choir from Tampines JC is one of the best in Singapore at thier level.

It's Saturday evening already. Today I didn't get to have any appointment to go because everybody is so busy going out shopping because most people already got their year end bonus. Singapore civil servant gets 2.15 months of bonus this year. How about the private sector? Better than the public sector? 3,4 or 6 months of bonus? Hahaha...i guess it would be quite rare nowadays to get 4 months or above.

How about me? I don't get a fixed bonus declared by the company. We have a reference table of bonus for different levels of achievers depending on the amount of sales. This is my second job. Although the work that I do covers quite a lot of areas of my clients financial aspect, but the bottom line of this job is sales. Because of the demand and pressure of the job, quite a number of people who are in my industry tends to just sell for the sake of commission without provide a wholesome service. Nevertheless, I always believe that the clients interest is the most important thing. I would never let my clients be in a losing end when they deal with me.

To be honest, my results aren't the best I should have achieve. It's not as good as I could have done. Maybe what this job really require is someone who has the drive to just sell no matter what kind of people he/she meet. I certainly lack this quality of a salesman. Can I continue or should I just quit a few months more? It has been tough, really tough maintaining such a life which I hard have extra reserve money to do the things I like to do. Moreover, I have some debts because of job too.

Anyway, for the last 2 weeks I try to do my best in get in as many cases I can because otherwise it would be very hard for me to continue next month.

p/s: To the people I know, thanks for supporting me all this while be it morally or in business. If there's chance to do more business with me, do give me a chance within this two weeks to share with you guys more. Cheers.

0 comments